As the temperature increases, so does MRS’s patience to cook in the kitchen. So goodies made by her during summers include recipes that are quick to make and refreshing to eat. That is why this Lemon Loaf recipe has become a favorite of the MRS. Because this require minimal prep and tastes lemony (during summer time), MRS is always happy to bake a loaf for when friends come over or when she wants to fancy up tea time.
- Flour – 1½ cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Lemon zest – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Canola oil – 1/2 oil
- Eggs – 2
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
Method: (this post has been editted. Please see notes in astericks below)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.**
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix together sugar lemon zest until sugar is fragrant.
- Combine sugar mix into flour mix.
- Combine milk, oil, eggs, and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined (don’t worry if this curds a little).
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix and then add the other half. Mix until just combine (don’t over mix).
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.*
- Enjoy warm!
**oven temperatures vary. Please set a temperature that is suitable to your oven. In our Pakistani, gas oven, a temperature of 200°C was required to bake cakes, loaves, and cookies. But now in the Netherlands, we have a gas fan oven for which a temperature of 170°C is optimum for baking.