As the temperature increases, so does MRS’s patience to cook in the kitchen. So goodies made by her during summers include recipes that are quick to make and refreshing to eat. That is why this Lemon Loaf recipe has become a favorite of the MRS. Because this require minimal prep and tastes lemony (during summer time), MRS is always happy to bake a loaf for when friends come over or when she wants to fancy up tea time.
- Flour – 1½ cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Lemon zest – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Canola oil – 1/2 oil
- Eggs – 2
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 170°C.*
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix together sugar lemon zest until sugar is fragrant.
- Combine sugar mix into flour mix.
- Combine milk, oil, eggs, and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined (don’t worry if this curds a little).
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix and then add the other half. Mix until just combine (don’t over mix).
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.*
- Enjoy warm!
*I use a gas oven and this temperature is perfect for me to bake cakes. However, this temperature and baking time may be different for you. I suggest to keep an eye on this after 30 minutes have passed.