A Chinese meal in Pakistan is incomplete without soup, most popular of them being the “Hot and Sour” soup. While we have heard far too many theories about it’s origin we’re quite unsure of which one to believe; well we don’t care much about it either when it tastes this good. This is our attempt at recreating Hot and Soup using ingredients available at 704.
With Fish crackers on the side, this could be a great addition to your dinner table.
- Chicken – 1 Cup (Boiled and shredded)
- Chicken Stock – 4 Cups
- Cabbage – 1 Cup (Julienne)
- Carrot – 1 Cup (Julienne)
- Capsicum – 1 Cup (Julienne)
- Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Hot Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Sweet Corn – 2 tsp
- Corn Flour – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Boil 1 breast of chicken, shred the boiled chicken.
- Julienne Carrot, Cabbage and Capsicum.
- Bring 4 cups of Chicken stock to a boil.
- Add, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup Cabbage, 1 cup Carrot, 1 Capsicum, bring to boil again.
- Add, 2 tbsp Soy sauce, 1 tsp Black pepper, 1/2 tsp Salt; cook till vegetable are soft.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of Corn flour diluted in 1/2 cup of water, stir until the soup thicken.
- Add 1 beaten egg and stir slowly.
- Serve HOT!