Pizzadilla to its core is a Quesadilla with Pizza ingredients. The idea of its origin at 704 although is rooted in absolute boredom and complete refusal of the residents to eat regular day-to-day food. MRS in her creative self came up with this idea of bringing a Pizza twist to none other than simple Rotis at home. What came out was a delicious cheesy delight!
- Roti/ whole wheat tortillas – 2
- Pizza sauce – 1 tsp
- Capsicum – 1 medium
- Onion – 1 small
- Mushrooms – as per preference
- Mozzarella cheese – as per preference
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and place one tortilla.
- Spread 1 tsp of pizza sauce.
- Add sliced capsicum, onion, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Place the second tortilla on top. Press and hold for about 3 seconds so that it sticks to the melting cheese.
- Flip! Press down the tortilla sandwich with a flat frying utensil.
- Cover your pan with a lid so that the cheese melts completely (about 2 minutes).
- Enjoy while it’s hot!
- You can add any filling of your choice. We enjoy this recipe with some chicken as well. 🙂