On some nights, we want to have dinner that takes minimum effort but looks like a restaurant dish. We also demand that the dish tastes good despite us putting in no hard work! With all these wishes in mind, we arrived at this ridiculously easy pan-fried chicken. With minimum, basic ingredients, the deliciousness of this chicken comes through the cooking technique (which we only recently discovered).
So on occasions when you do not want to spend money on a fancy looking meal, try this recipe.
- Chicken breast- 250g
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp for frying
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 2
- Butter- 1 tbsp for frying
- Marinate chicken breast in 1 tbsp olive oil, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt, and minced garlic cloves. Mix well and marinate for 1 hour.
- For frying: over medium-high heat, combine 1 tbsp olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted and begins to simmer, add chicken. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes.**
- After taking the chicken out of the pan, rest it for a couple of minutes before serving.
Bonus recipe for caramelized onion sauce!!
- In the same frying pan, turn up the flame to high and add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1/2 cube of chicken stock. Stir for about a minute until onion begins to turn translucent. Then add 1/3 cup of water. Mix and let the mixture simmer until it is reduced by half.
- Drizzle over chicken.
**you can bake the chicken in a 180°C pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes. Oven temperatures and, therefore, time may vary. Therefore, I suggest to keep checking the chicken after initial 20 minutes.