These Burgers are a signature dish of the 704 Kitchen! The Mr. finally cracked the recipe after multiple failed attempts, but boy did he crack it! This feeds into his nostalgia of whenever he feels like living a moment into the few months he spent in Texas back when he was a teenager. He really hopes this makes his host mom proud though 🙂
We’ve hosted parties where people had come over just for these burgers, we’re glad we can share this with the world now.
- Beef (minced) – 250 gms
- Green chillies – 2 (small)
- Onion – 1 (small)
- Crushed black pepper – 1/3 tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1/3 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/3 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bread crumbs – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Finely chop onion and green chillies.
- Mix the beef, chopped onion, chopped green chillies, red chili flakes, crushed black pepper, black pepper powder, salt and bread crumbs.
- Make two big patties, make sure to put a dent on top of the patty with your thumb.
- Let the patties rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle vegetable oil on a frying pan/pan grill.
- Let the oil heat up, put the burger patties on the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat for a medium-rare patty or or 5-6 minutes for well-done.
- Flip and put a cheese slice on the patty and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium heat for a medium-rare patty, or for 5-6 minutes for well-done.
- Toast the burger buns on the same pan.
- Toasted base.
- Grilled patty.
- Slice of onion.
- Toasted top with Mayo spread.
P.S. this is our assembly, you can experiment with whatever you want 😉