Who doesn’t love Chocolate Chip Cookies?! Well, we’re no exception at 704 either! We try to make classic recipes in our own way, our love for this all-time classic brought us here. At 704, we bake our cookie BIG, not regular big. Our Chocolate Chip Cookie is cake-size BIG! Try out our Giant Cookie, it’s chewy and LOADED with Chocolate Chips.
P.S. this is MR’s first-ever attempt at baking! Do let him know how it turned out.
Note: this post has been edited. Please see the asterisks (*) in the recipe below.
- Butter (at room temperature) – 6 tbsp
- Chocolate chips – 1.5 cups
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200°C.*
- Combine softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Mix it all together with an egg beater on medium-high speed until creamed together.
- Add vanilla essence and mix again.
- Add egg and mix again until you have a light brown creamy consistency.
- Combine flour and baking soda to make your dry mixture.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Fold it in with a spatula.
- Add other half and fold again, until nicely combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold everything in again until you have a nice cookie dough.
- Butter a round baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.*
*over temperatures vary. When we shot this video, we were residing in Karachi, Pakistan. For the oven in our Karachi home, a temperature of 200°C was ideal. Now that we use our gas oven here in the Netherlands, a temperature of 180°C is perfect to cook this between 20-25 minutes.