With plenty of local adaptations of Chinese recipes, Egg Fried Rice have been an age old classic. Cooked since an eternity around households, we thought the tradition should continue in 704. With the Mrs.’ absolute love for Oriental food, this recipe of Mr. is a perfect quick-fix when we come home tired from work.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 (medium)
- Capsicum – 1 (medium)
- Spring onions – 5-6
- Eggs – 2
- Oyster sauce – 1.5 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Hot sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Roasted chili paste – 1 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Cut long thin strips of the carrot.
- Chop capsicum in small cubes.
- Chop spring onions.
- Boil the rice.
- Add red chili flakes and salt to two eggs and whisk.
- Drizzle vegetable oil in a wok and heat it on a high flame.
- Add the carrots and garlic paste; stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover the wok and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the whisked eggs and stir so that eggs can be scrambled.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and roasted chilli paste.
- Add chopped capsicum and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add half the boiled rice, and mix until it is completely coated with the vegetable mixture.
- Add sesame oil and the remaining rice. Mix everything together for another 2 minutes.
- Serve HOT!