When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, and brownies, there are a million recipes that can be found over the internet. With SO many recipes, how do you decide which one is the best? The MRS. believes that family recipes anywhere are the best ones. So when it came to a sudden craving for fudge-y brownies, this recipe was brought to light by a friend. The chocolate is used in three different forms and we are so thankful for that! Once made, we kept coming back to it whenever the brownie craving resurfaced.
- Cooking chocolate – 3/4 cup
- Butter (softened) – 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Flour – 1/2 cup
- Nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, etc.) – 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips/chunks (optional) – according to preference
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Over a pot of simmering water, place a heat resistant bowl. Combine cooking chocolate and butter. Whisk until completely melted.
- In the bowl, add granulated sugar and mix until almost melted into the chocolate mixture.
- Add cocoa powder. Mix.
- Add eggs, one by one. Mix.
- If adding nuts, add them now.
- Top with chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour mixture into a greased, square baking pan. Bake for 30-35 mins, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Ideally, serve warm! 😉