Buttermilk Chicken strips with Honey Mustard sauce is an all-time classic appetizer/snack, it’s also a common find in any local restaurant’s starters menu. Being tired of paying far too much for them every time we go out, the MRS had had it! She rolled up her sleeves, and came up with this recipe! Trust us, try this recipe and you would want to think twice before paying for it when you go out next. 😉
- Chicken – 300gms (boneless breasts)
- Flour – 1 Cup
- Vinegar – 1 ½ tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic Powder – 2 tsp
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Chilli Garlic sauce – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Ziploc plastic bag – 1
- Cut Chicken in strips
- To make buttermilk: add 1 ½ tsp of vinegar in 1 cup of milk, let it rest for 15 minutes so that it curds.
- Add ½ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt to-taste.
- Put the chicken strips in a plastic bag, add the milk mixture, seal the bag.
- Put the bag in refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Add 1 cup flour in a large bowl/dish.
- Add ¼ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder, salt to-taste, 2 tbsp of butter milk prepared for the marinate.
- Mix with hand until a coarse-meal consistency is achieved.
- Cover marinated chicken strips in the prepared coat mixture.
- Deep fry to golden color.
Mix 4 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp chilli-garlic sauce, 1 tsp honey together.