Keeping the tradition of hearty breakfasts alive at 704, MRS came across this recipe from none other than Mr. Gordon Ramsay. Although she has brought her own twists in the original recipe, she’d still like to give the great chef his well deserved credit. Living up to or promise of using ingredients easily and readily available in any home kitchen, we bring you our Breakfast Potato Wraps. The flavors here are of south Indian origin with rich fragrances of warm spices; this is a great recipe to give your winter mornings a warm savory kick start while keeping it easy on the belly.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Green chillies – 2
- Flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1.5 cups
- Onion – 1 small sized
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
- In a frying pan, toast cumin seeds and salt until they start getting a little dark.
- Add about 1 tbsp oil, finely chopped garlic, ginger, and green chillies.
- Saute for 2 minutes and then dish out in a bowl.
- Add flour, whisked egg, and milk.
- Mix well until a runny batter is made.
- Boil potatoes and chop them in small squares.
- Chop onion length-wise.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds to it.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add boiled, chopped potatoes and mix well (add salt or red chilli powder if you wish).
- In a non-stick frying pan, drizzle a few drops of oil and pour about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Swirl around the pan to form a thin layer of the batter.
- Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Fill each wrap with about 4 tbsp of filling and serve hot!