Healthy and filling! This is what defines Besan Ka Cheela. The MRS. wanted to experiment with besan (gram flour) and upon a little search on the internet, found this dish. Tweaking it to fit her taste buds, it turned out beautifully.We paired it with our Laal (Red) Chutney. Although, we have a feeling, it’ll go well with some veggie dish as well.
- Besan/ gram flour – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Water – 1 cup (or as needed)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Spinach – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- In a large bowl, add besan/ gram flour, salt, and red chilli powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add finely chopped green chilli and ginger-garlic paste. Mix.
- Now gradually add water and stir until there is a runny consistency without any lumps.
- Incorporate onion and spinach.* Mix.
- In case the batter thickens, add more water.
- Heat a non-stick, flat pan over medium low heat.
- Pour the batter in and thin it out. Cook until both sides are golden.
- Serve with our Laal Chutney!
*You can add any vegetable(s) of your choice.