As Tea is arguably the most consumed beverage at 704, we constantly look for snacks that would perfect complement a freshly brewed, steaming hot cup of this goodness. With winter or at least hints of winter approaching Karachi, we try to prepare snacks that give us a warm and cozy feeling. This recipe is a regular feature these days, hence we thought of sharing it with everyone.
Indulge in a slice of this perfectly spiced Banana bread, with just the right amount of nuts and chocolate chips to give your tea-time the happy boost it needs.
- Flour – 2.5 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Bananas (overly ripe) – 4
- Eggs- 3
- Oil – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup
Method: (this post has been updated. Please see notes in asterisks below)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.**
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Then add eggs and oil and whisk together.
- Add water, vanilla essence, and mix until fully combined.
- Now to this wet mixture, add the dry mixture, 1/3 at a time.
- Mix completely.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of tea!
- Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
**oven temperatures vary. Please set a temperature that is suitable to your oven. In our Pakistani, gas oven, a temperature of 200°C was required to bake cakes, loaves, and cookies. But now in the Netherlands, we have a gas fan oven for which a temperature of 170°C is optimum for baking.